We've been so busy over the last few months, we've had barely five minutes to sit down let alone blog, so do excuse the very lame amount of entries on the site. Autumn resolution - write more blogs! Besides, we really should be sharing all the exciting developments at Wit and Wisdom with you all.
Last weekend was no exception to the "not five minutes to sit down rule" as we embarked on two wedding fairs in our beautiful home town of Hitchin. We've worked with both The Sun Hotel and Hitchin Priory in the past, so can highly recommend them as fabulous wedding venues. Both fairs were very well attended and we chatted to a number of very excited brides looking for something a bit different on their big day. So what trends did we pick up on:
- Sweet tables - of course we have the most wonderful sweet table at Wit and Wisdom, so are very happy these are just as popular as before.
- Light up letters - these seem to everywhere, creating an eye-catching centerpiece and providing a brilliant backdrop to your wedding photos. We really like the coloured letters and numbers cropping up now, think Retro Circus tent!
- Traditional wild flower arrangements in delicate glass jars. Pure elegance.
- Vintage - we were predicting the vintage theme had had its day last year but all things shabby and vintage were still prevalent at both fairs - from old suitcases, bunting, wooden signs to lovely old crockery sets and glassware. Good news as we love it too!
- Giant Balloons - we absolutely adore these, look at http://www.thegiantballooncompany.co.uk/ for inspiration. Use them to add a pop of colour, humour and creativity to your event.
- Photobooths - we do love a photobooth! Such a brilliant way to entertain your guests in the evening and provide a lasting keepsake of the day.
- Quirky and individual photography - think more reportage than portrait. We met the beautiful Laura from Love Life Studio at The Priory fair - her work was stunning.
So over and out till next week. V x